The Director/Senior Director level of OS&P is an experienced leader within the Infectious desease & critical care therapeutic area (TA) Centre of Excellence, expected to leverage their Research and Development experience from Target Product Profile generation to operational study execution to sustainably grow a portfolio of innovative and profitable business.
This includes orchestrating through a cross functional team the design of effective and differentiated strategies for operational execution with clients and internal experts in a therapeutic area within the CDCS, Phase I-IV business. As a key leader/Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the TA, they are expected to proactively contribute to cross enterprise business opportunities, leveraging their expertise to aid the growth of the integrated business across Labcorp Drug Development and Labcorp. As senior leaders they are expected to establish and develop strong client relationships, and be seen as an industry leader internally by colleagues and peers and externally by the client base.
Incumbents in the role are expected to have:
- Have a strong background across pharmaceutical development, with the Research & Development know-how combined with an excellent understanding of the industry, market and clients’ needs
- Able to present the cross enterprise medical, scientific and operational capabilities of the Labcorp Drug Development/Labcorp organization to clients
- Contribute significantly to the growth within the Therapeutic Area
- Designs and develop winning trial strategies and integrated solutions that result in clear differentiation in the marketplace, higher win rate, and a more profitable portfolio of business in the TA
- Owns and internally advocates for client needs, expectations and satisfaction; identifies, develops and fosters new and existing client relationships at senior operational levels with clients, KOLs, Vendor Partners etc., in partnership with operational colleagues, guiding teams in delivering to and establish/maintain effective client relationships
- Leads high quality, strategically innovative price competitive end-to-end business development strategies, including RFI response, proposal development, bid defence preparation and be an ambassador of the Company
- Support Labcorp Drug Development’s capability, visibility and position through development of appropriate publications and presentations at conferences, meetings and webinars etc.
- Engages with Labcorp Drug Development’s leadership to help drive and implement TA-specific initiatives which aim to improve performance of the business, including cross TA and functional integrated opportunities, to grow and expand the Therapeutic Area
- Help to define and implement the TA vision and strategy; translate this into key initiatives and priorities; develop and deliver against TA operating plans & project plans; able to achieve results in a global, virtual and complex environment; track and measures progress
- Partner with peers ensuring consistency (quality, standards, policies, processes and practices) across the portfolio in the TA and across TAs
- Leads by Example in building and sustaining a scalable organization; creates a forward looking culture of ownership and accountability; delegates for development and growth; identifies and sets up high performers for success; is self-aware and fosters a continuous learning environment
- Effectively leads and/or coordinates in a global, complex environment; sets clear expectations for colleagues; leverages experience to coach and mentor for success; consistently communicates and connects
- Attracts, selects, on-boards, develops and retains high performing talent; strengthens and deepens talent bench and succession planning
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Contributes to the TA commercial and scientific leadership and direction, leveraging expertise from other functions as required to ensure the successful growth and differentiation in the global marketplace
Ensures appropriate development and delivery of TA & program-specific training
- Participates in training opportunities to advance knowledge of TA, drug development, GCP etc.