You will lead a core project team, and facilitate team’s ability to lead by ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among team members --including both internal and external partners. The PM Job duties may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director depending on the size and nature of the project.
- Provide project focused leadership across Labcorp Drug Development departments, offices, external vendors and clients to deliver corporate and department objectives.
- Dedicatedly identify and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track per contract.
- Proactively utilize both quality control and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, client and Labcorp Drug Development requirements.
- Build required project plans, and per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans revising as necessary.
- Proactively lead variance to project plans to bring the study back in line with stated project standards.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Meet financial performance targets for assigned project(s) and being accountable for budget control across project(s).
- Accurate month-to-month completion of earned value analysis, as assigned, and evaluation and management of billed time to plan to minimize write-off and capitalize on fixed-price gains.
- Proactively identify out of scope activities and execute necessary change orders prior to out-of-scope work being done.
- Ensure project procurement needs are managed appropriately and per Labcorp Drug Development SOPs.
- Collaborate with finance to initiate monthly invoicing as assigned.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adhere to professional standards and SOP and are working within the assigned allocation.
- Initiate improvements to improve the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
- Provide performance feedback of team members to respective line managers.
- Define and manage project human resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to appropriate stakeholder(s) inclusive of CAIR and CAPA completion as required while serving as key client contact.
- Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client happiness, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Prepare and deliver presentations in collaboration with relevant departments for new business as required.
- May have line management responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff.
• University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health
profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately
• Master or other advanced degree
• PMP certification
Minimum of five (5) years of relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical
In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with (a) six (6) years supervisory experience
in a heath care setting and (b) five (5) years clinical research experience including one (1)
years of project management experience (international clinical trial management
experience preferred) in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered
Regional project management experience
On the Job Experience:
Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory
requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access and Power Point)
Experience managing projects in a matrix and virtual environment
Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources
Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix
Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems
Working knowledge of project management processes
Ability to work independently and mentor junior project team members
Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner
Ability to present to staff at all levels
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed