The role of the Environmental Health & Safety Manager is to provide EHS leadership and direction and minimize EHS related risk for up to several sites within a business unit within a given region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees EHS activities of Labcorp India.
- Manage and administer environmental, health, and safety programs to meet regulatory. requirements, corporate initiatives and company objectives.
- Promote a positive safety culture throughout the site organization.
- Partner with site management to ensure applicable EHS related goals (accident rates, training participation, etc.) and regulatory requirements (assessments, plans, training, etc.) are satisfied.
- Ensure medical care is provided to work related injuries and illnesses and manage worker’s compensation cases, where applicable.
- Manage the EHS department within the site’s designated fiscal EHS budget.
- Lead the Risk Assessment and Control: Office Safety, Fleet Safety, Personal Protective Equipment, Chemical Safety, Waste Management, Fire and Life Safety, Emergency Planning, Training, etc.
- Development and implementation of training/risk assessment solutions to ensure that employees and Labcorp partners are aware of potential risks and understand how to perform their tasks in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Acts as or appoint Chemical Hygiene Officers, EHS Program Administrators, Subject Matter Expert, Business Unit Key Contact and any other relevant positions as applicable.
- Provide health and safety guideline to leadership team during Crisis/Emergency or pandemic.
- Respond to site EHS related emergency situations, including fires, explosions, chemical release, medical, etc.
- Act as the liaison between Labcorp and regulatory authorities/client during site inspections.
- Partner with Facilities, architects, and other groups to ensure site construction/renovation activities completion successfully.
- Lead country wide sustainability projects, reduce company environment impact to the world.
- Assist the corporate EHS leadership team as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned