The Portfolio Manager/Operations is the primary operational support for Precision Medicine supporting both the Biomarker Solutions Center and the Companion Diagnostic groups The role is accountable to support the delivery of early engagement activities including consultation, operational feasibility, standardization and efficiency. The BSC Portfolio Manager will work closely with BSC Therapeutic Area (TA) Leads, CDx Leads and report into China BSC Head.
Essential Job Duties:
- Precision Medicine Operational Management
- Ensure that oversight of day-to-day operating requirements of the BSC
are effectively managed and performance objectives are achieved, through close partnership with the BSC team and counterpart Covance Laboratory Operation leads and designated Triage contacts.
- Manage the operational activities of the BSC
- Support and maintain communication lines within BSC to facilitate cross-TA strategic planning; Coach and support team members to collaborate on the strategic goal set forth for the Covance Sr. Management
- Work closely with key operations roles from other business units working with the BSC
- Assist in planning, allocating, and coordinating required resources
- Contribution to the development of tools, processes, and strategies employed by the BSC and its Steering Committee to ensure effective coordination across the
BSC and Covance’s business units.
- Develop communication rapport with both internal Covance Laboratory Operational leadership, as well as externally with Precision Medicine Operations/Procurement counterparts at Covance’s key client partners
- Establish and maintain regular “pipelines” from CDCS and ED commercial and scientific organizations to understand their study/protocol-based biomarker needs.
Operational Oversight and Business Performance
- Track financial and other metrics, monitor performance and report for Precision Medicine
- Monitor financial measures to support the development of and drive the implementation of expanded services for new biomarker business as identified by BSC, CDx and Commercial teams
- Record and maintain records of Covance Labs “mis-placed” and “un-placed” biomarker and companion diagnostic assays
- Monitor and maintain escalation pathway for efficient biomarker assay opportunity placement
- Help identify issues that affect the global portfolio and partner with internal leadership to identify and discuss resource and technology needs
Best Practices/Process Improvement
- Assist with standardization efforts of Triage processes across Covance laboratories
- Work with client counterpart(s) to oversee LEAN, Six-Sigma, or other Process Excellence joint initiatives
- Help message best practice opportunities (issue prevention and/or early mitigation) with key clients.
- Manage and support the implementation of expanded services and tools for current biomarker portfolio and new business
- Partner with peers to identify and implement functional best practices
- Advise and consult pre-win and post-win on large studies or programs to identify and discuss measures for improved assay placement and delivery
- Drive value messaging and external perspective of alliances across our organization
Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA four (4) year degree (or equivalent) in medical, technical or laboratory related science
- Project Management (e.g. PMP certification), Process Excellence-Six Sigma Certification
- 5 years industry related experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with laboratory and/or clinical trial budget management experience and metrics
- Strong planning, organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills, including deliverable management
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts, be creative, and influence multiple departmental and functional processes.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong operational knowledge of Covance Laboratories and Business Units
- Project Management (e.g. PMP certification), Process Excellence, and/or Sales experience
- Working knowledge of analytical computer applications including graphing applications (e.g.; Excel, Graphpad, Spotfire)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed