- Achieves annual sourcing plan and vendor market strategies for assigned categories/commodities; Provides general intelligence on key competitors in vendors’ market
- Establishes, nurtures and grows vendor/manufacturer relationships at the appropriate levels to meet supply chain needs globally
- Develops partnerships and strategy with key vendor accounts
- Provides weekly update reports to management.
- Develops internal communication cycle to achieve objectives and sourcing plan; Follows up on leads.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities and differentiation frameworks against internal product/supply needs and industry development opportunities
- Recognizes and communicates vendor development opportunities and support for other business units.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve business objectives in supplier redundancy, cost reductions, etc.
- Organizes and hosts vendor/manufacturer site visits for diligence, qualification and review/acceptance.
- Responsible for global Opportunity Management and communicates pipeline forecast for supply needs longer term
- Collaborates effectively with operations leadership from other LDD units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining cost savings and volume potential for multi-sourced products in high risk commodity markets.
- Participates in proposal scope and RFI development as appropriate.
- Supports bidding procedures with commodity BRM, and assists with negotiations.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with internal operations.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key vendor accounts.
- Supports an established sourcing leadership where appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in sourcing, manufacturing, supply chain or business field preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated communication and technical retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult customer and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate LabCorp from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal LabCorp management and global leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new manufacturer source and relationship opportunities
4-5 years manufacturing development or product qualification expertise (or relevant) experience sourcing direct materials for pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers. Deep experience and relationships in the supplier/manufacturer community that support lab consumables, categories that support clinical trials and contractors/sub-contractors that provide supply to large biopharma companies.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed