GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Plans and directs method development projects and studies in compliance with appropriate SOPS and regulatory guidelines. Develops, modifies, validates, and performs methodology for routine and/or non-routine analyses.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and recommends corrective action.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Suggests and performs modifications to test methods or procedures where precedence exists.
- Provides input and participates in project meeting, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Serves as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with minimal supervision.
- May interact in external client communications.
- Performs a variety of testing using analytical instrumentation with routine and/or non-routine methods.
- Performs and sets up method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices with little or no supervision.
- Schedules individual projects to ensure completion within required timelines.
- Trains personnel in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to write, revise, and review SOPs and methods for compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Functions as technical resource for department.
- Ability to implement an action plan for solving project or technical problems as they occur.
- Able to review work of others for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Trains staff in advanced analytical techniques.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances and/or radioisotopes.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- BS/BA degree in science
- BS/BA degree in science or related field plus 5-6 years of relevant experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of experimental design and ability to evaluate and interpret data.
- Proficient at advanced instrument operation and troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and programs.
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed