- Supervises the work activities and problem solving of the Chemistry team.
- Monitors and assures quality and timely performance of lab activities under his/her supervision.
- Reports performance and results against targets and global standards.
- Analysis and investigation of non-conformance standards for preventive and corrective actions.
- Schedules department personnel appropriately to match the demands of the daily workflow in the supervised area.
- Provides direct supervision to employees, including assignments, technical and behavioral performance counseling, and troubleshooting.
- Preparing for auditing and accreditations and ensures regulatory compliance within his/her supervision.
- Communicates all production and non-production standards, guidelines and information to the supervised staff.
- Ensures on-time delivery of performance reports and responses to inquiries from other functional areas.
- Recruits, trains and contributes to retention efforts of employees.
- Supervise and coach team members and evaluate staff performance and their developmental plans.
- Supports the departmental manager in assessing and meeting the resource needs.
- Supports marketing and sales as needed in their efforts to meet specific client requests for testing services.
- Perform other duties as required, including testing of patient samples in areas of competence.
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, other life Science or Medical Technology degree.
- Good command of English.
- Computer literate.
Requires 8 years of experience in a laboratory following clinical training; prior supervisory or management experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of laboratory operations and workflow.
- Relevant clinical laboratory experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Good organizational skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Accuracy and meticulousness.
- Good knowledge of MS office, email.
- Experience in College of American Pathologists and ISO15189 accreditation is a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed