Essential Job Duties:
Specific department duties as set forth in the task list and department Training Checklists including but not limited to:
- Ensure that specimens are picked up from the appropriate department, sorted, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion
- Identification of problem samples and corrects routing of these specimens.
- Close and prepare SDS shipments.
- Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to be discarded and completing the discard process.
- Creation of new storage drawers for use in registration process and the ability to completed location moves in the SMART database
- Consolidate and move drawers as specified to effectively utilize freezer space.
- Perform basic freezer maintenance including but not limited to:
- Acts as a backup to the freezer coordinator.
- Monitor, respond to and resolve issues with sample storage units in the department, to ensure regulatory compliance and monitor follow-up for corrective actions.
- Accountable for completing documentation in the process
- Understand the pull list and retrieve the specimens from the storage units
- Understand and apply the shipping instructions and pack the specimens as per requirements.
- Generation and application of specialized labels, to include mini labels and/or computer generated barcodes
- Perform any QC needed during the process of pulling and packaging
- Must be able to QC shipments shipped through SMART
- QC packages and shipping documents
- Stock supplies from warehouse
- Ship packages through SMART
- Ship pass-through and Transfer Test packages to other Covance locations
- Generate and download Electronic Packing Lists (EPLs) from MSART
- Generate emails and insert EPLs
- Be able to accurately and efficiently Pre-scan, Register, Process, Pull and Pack specimens using SMART
- Completion of beginning and end of day duties, as assigned
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written
- Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree / Advanced degree in applicable discipline
- Minimum 1 year of applicable working experiences
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take up challenges
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to use several software packages, i.e. Word, Excel Access
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed