The Payroll Specialist will provide full functional payroll support for their allocated APAC payrolls ensuring they are processed accurately and on-time. They will ensure statutory compliance within their assigned APAC countries is being adhered to and provide updates of legislative changes. They will ensure processing, payments and reporting deadlines are being met in a timely and accurate manner. They will also provide support to the Payroll Leaders to promote and implement process excellence and process standardization across APAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with External Payroll Bureaus, as well as all key internal stakeholders in HR, Recruitment, GPS, GPO, Line Managers, Benefits, Rewards, Country Leads, HR Partners and Finance teams to ensure the effective delivery of the monthly payroll processing as well as delivering timely and accurate Year End reporting and submissions for their assigned APAC countries. (10%)
- Responsible for the collection, formatting and sending of payroll related data to the local payroll bureaus for payroll processing, whilst adhering to the payroll calendar deadlines. (15%)
- Responsible for validating the payroll output for assigned countries and performing peer validation of final payrolls for other payrolls within the team. (25%)
- Prepare Time and Attendance and Overtime analysis for allocated countries where required (0-25%)
- Providing monthly Cash Funding Forecast so that the Treasury department can fund the relevant bank accounts for all payroll related payments. Manages all net salary payment processes using Covance approved platforms; partners with the Accounting team for approval and payment release. Manages distribution of payslips 5%
- Query Management through liaising with the business, the Payroll Vendors, HR and other Covance departments to ensure timely resolution of queries on behalf of Covance Employees. Acts as a focal point for escalation of complex payroll related queries from the HR People Services (mAPS) team. (10%)
- Prepare monthly Payroll Journal and Gross to Net report for the Finance department. Support Covance Finance queries. (10%)
- Supports and participates in new initiatives/projects as initiated by the business or local country legislation changes, such as such as new country implementation, payroll vendor transitions, bank file format compliance, new benefits implementation, local tax and social security changes, local country mandatory salary increase, Covance systems upgrades, Disaster Recovery Documentations. (10%).
- Writes and keeps up to date the payroll standard operating procedures documents to ensure clear guidelines are in place on how to run country specific payrolls, with a good level of understanding of multiple countries local legislation. (5%)
- Complete metrics on performance to review on monthly basis. (5%)
- Ensures regular communications are sent to Covance business to ensure employee awareness around transitions or other changes related to payroll. Develops, maintains and facilitates effective relationships with all Stakeholders, Covance business and Covance specialist functions to ensure Covance is returning best value from its supplier relationships. (5%)
- To work closely with the Payroll Provider(s), Country leads and local HR Partners to ensure local compliance practices are being followed and all payroll/employment tax, government and local filings are being submitted in a timely manner. (5%)
- Assist with Audits both internal and External and SOX controls. (5%)