The Associate Director of OS&P is an experienced clinical trial project manager with Oncology therapeutic area (TA) knowledge. The incumbent will have the opportunity to specialise within a Centre of Excellence and is expected to leverage their Research and Development experience from operational study execution to sustainably grow a portfolio of innovative and profitable business. This includes orchestrating through a cross functional team the design of effective and differentiated strategies for operational execution with clients and internal experts within the clinical development Phase I-IV business. As a key leader/Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the TA, they are expected to proactively contribute to cross enterprise business opportunities, leveraging their expertise to aid the growth of the Labcorp Drug Development business. They are expected to establish and develop strong client relationships, and be seen as an industry leader internally by colleagues and peers and externally by the client base.
- Have a strong background across pharmaceutical development, with the Research & Development know-how combined with an excellent understanding of the industry, market and clients’ needs
- Able to present the cross enterprise medical, scientific and operational capabilities of the LabCorp organization to clients
- Contributes to the growth within the Therapeutic Areas of focus
- Designs and develops winning trial strategies and integrated solutions that result in clear differentiation in the marketplace, higher win rate, and a more profitable portfolio of business in the TA
- Owns and internally advocates for client needs, expectations and satisfaction; identifies, develops and fosters new and existing client relationships at senior operational levels with clients, KOLs, Vendor Partners etc., in partnership with operational colleagues, guiding teams in delivering to and establish/maintain effective client relationships
- Leads high quality, strategically innovative price competitive end-to-end business development strategies, including RFI response, proposal development, bid defense preparation and be an ambassador of the Company
- Support Labcorp’s capability, visibility and position through development of appropriate publications and presentations at conferences, meetings and webinars etc.
- Engages with Labcorp’s leadership to help drive and implement TA-specific initiatives which aim to improve performance of the business, including cross TA and functional integrated opportunities, to grow and expand the Therapeutic Area
- Help to define and implement the TA vision and strategy; translate this into key initiatives and priorities; develop and deliver against TA operating plans & project plans; able to achieve results in a global, virtual and complex environment; track and measures progress
- Partner with peers ensuring consistency (quality, standards, policies, processes and practices) across the portfolio in the TA and across TAs
- Leads by Example in building and sustaining a scalable organization; creates a forward looking culture of ownership and accountability; is self-aware and fosters a continuous learning environment
- Effectively leads and/or coordinates in a global environment; sets clear expectations for colleagues; leverages experience for success; consistently communicates and connects
- Contributes to strengthening and deepening the talent bench
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Contributes to the TA commercial and scientific leadership and direction, leveraging expertise from other functions as required to ensure the successful growth and differentiation in the global marketplace
- Ensures appropriate development and delivery of TA & program-specific training
- Participates in training opportunities to advance knowledge of TA, drug development, GCP etc.