B. People Responsibilities:
The position has full responsibility for managing or supervising a staff. This includes hiring, coaching, scheduling/delegating work, conducting performance reviews and determining pay/promotions.
Will have 1 ~ 10 direct reports.
Essential Job Duties:
- Is accountable and provides leadership for all aspects of the appropriate proposal/budget process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]
- May leads strategic and/or highly complex opportunities and/or initiatives
- Is accountable for assigned team workload management, monitoring team capacity, and assisting in priority setting
- Triages and assigns new enquiries as needed
- Performs line management of assigned team members under the supervision of a Sr. Manager or above
- Executes supervisory duties for assigned staff including work scheduling, performance evaluation activities, career development and preparation of training plans, where applicable with support of a Manager or above
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities
- Organizes and leads (and/or coaches others on) of strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity/account
- May work across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
- Liaises with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations and/or information where required.
- Is accountable for and provides guidance on the preparation of high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) lead and/or provide guidance for internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, timelines, resources, etc.)
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) prepare opportunity summaries for approval/sign off, either via discussion, email, or teleconference, as applicable in the appropriate process.
- Is accountable for timely delivery of assigned opportunities across direct supervision
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as appropriate
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of current and future technical and regulatory environments
- Identifies and is accountable for driving ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables, influencing key stakeholders as applicable
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Provides training and guidance to new and less experienced staff on all aspects of position requirements
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) assist with hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) be expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process, and to suggest areas for streamlining/improving content and/or structure
- Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.