The Director, Business Development for Early Development and Chemistry Solution will report directly to the Executive Director of Global Sales. He/she will be based in China and strategically drive global accounts management as well as regional new accounts cultivation. Importantly, he/she has to focus company resources on stratifying accounts to invest in, develop further, or not to concentrate in, in order to spear sustainable profitable growth with close partnerships with desired clients. He/she is accountable for selling the services of all LabCorp businesses in Early Development and Chemistry Solution portfolios.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of annual sales plan in support of organisational strategy and objectives
- Directing the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Ensuring communications are coordinated, supporting sales plan objectives and meeting organisational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Business Development Operations
- Recommending and implementing sales strategies for improvement based upon market research and competitor analyses
- Coordinating capability presentations and ensuring consistency of sales activities
- Motivating, managing, training and developing sales staff.
- Management of Sales Operations administrative issues (e.g. Departmental budget, Sales incentive plan, monthly and quarterly sales meetings)
The desired candidate must have strong demonstrated experience and apt at doing business in China. Commercially minded, the person must be energetic to assist in driving sales. This include focusing on client prospects and channeling focus on key accounts development to maximize company resources.
At LabCorp you can make a difference, not only by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, but also by helping us become a great company - one that delights our clients with the broadest and best service portfolio in our industry, energizes our people with a stimulating environment and provides continual training and development opportunities throughout our employees career.
- Minimum 6-8 years of directly related experience, including supervisory experience in sales operations
- Strong executive management leadership skills in either a pharmaceutical or CRO setting in a global, multi-office environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a member of a senior global clinical leadership team
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions
- Problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and operational level
- Technical skills in sales planning
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to understand and communicate corporate policies
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed