Operates as a Technical Scheduler and manages the metrics for the PKTK teams for the Metabolism Department. Responsible for scheduling projects that may be complex in nature and the necessary resources to complete the projects. This would be 25-50 employees across a 24 hour day, 7 days per week. Utilizes scheduling metrics, study type metrics and study completion metrics to assemble and present to management.
- Has basic understanding of the various study types.
- Effectively understands each person's abilities and schedules accordingly.
- Evaluate and respond to scheduling metrics.
- Utilize and evaluate computer software for scheduling and capacity.
- Supports the analysis and development of operational metrics and assembles into presentation form to present to management.
- Works closely with Study Direction, Study Coordination, and Metabolism management to maximize study starts.
- Communicate, as the primary scheduling contact, with other departments and individuals.
- Takes initiative to problem solve, or develop potential solutions to maximize study starts. Proactively come up with solutions to potential scheduling conflicts.
- Works with supervisors and managers to address scheduling change requests.
- Evaluates and understands workload and staffing resources for each Supervisor team.
- Develops and adheres to scheduling metrics and expectations in the department and those linked to PeopleSoft FSA.
- Follows up with Finance and Purchasing to answer questions regarding invoicing.
- Reviews protocols for the accuracy of costing to ensure profitability.
- Monitor project performance against metrics and works with management to implement improvements that reduce the variance
- Monitors direct and indirect material expense flow for projects and identifies areas to improve utilization or allocation of materials
- Ensures project-related supplies are available to operations staff in a reliable and timely manner
- Effectively manages own time deadlines
- Identifies and implements efficiencies in scheduling in Metabolism.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in a science field plus 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Looking for experience with Phoenix WinNonlin
- Familiarity with scheduling complex operations and forecasting capacity planning or similar capacity planning tools.
- Knowledge of computers and software programs. Microsoft Excel experience is required, MS Project experience will be beneficial, but not required
- Strong facilitation skills and team dynamics.
- Ability to read, record and communicate information
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed