The Publishing Associate I - Editing is an entry level position in the global publishing services group, learning the Labcorp writing standards and learning to review nonclinical study reports to promote product consistency.
- Learns to use software tools to efficiently and accurately complete job duties. Types of software include word processing, collaboration/sharing, and database applications
- Attends meetings to review and discuss the Labcorp Writers’ Reference
- Learns Labcorp writing standards
- Learns to proof and edit safety assessment reports and contributor reports (e.g., pathology, ophthalmology, statistical analysis, electrocardiography, immunotoxicology), ensuring that company conventions, style, format, and terminology have been used
- Learns and understands any new/changed conventions or standard language
- Learns client requirements related to writing standards and/or terminology
- Learns to effectively schedule multiple assignments for timely completion of assigned tasks
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in English, Journalism or Mass Communications is a must, emphasis and/or experience in technical or scientific writing preferred.
- 0 - 1+ years in creative writing / scientific writing or technical editing experience
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of standard editing/proofing conventions
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed