- Negotiate with suppliers for the acquisition of materials and services.
- Insure all purchasing needs within the company are met. This requires positive communications and order feedback to the requesting individuals or department.
- Develop tools to analyze bid proposals and determine best outcome for the corporation
- Provide internal customers with alternative supplier(s), product(s), and/or service(s). Other than proprietary supplier, products, and/or service.
- Review and seek opportunities for new supply and service sources.
- Provide coaching, supervision, and feedback to Buyer(s) and other departmental personnel.
- Prioritize and direct daily tasks and special projects for positions within their purchasing scope or commodity group.
- Ability to lead groups and act as a Project Manager in Procurement Task Teams.
- Act as an ambassador for the company when visiting and conducting business with sources outside the company.
- Assist in the coordination of monthly management reports.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and update of departmental procedures, mission statements, and training manuals as needed.
- Observe Universal Precautions Procedures when applicable.
- Provide back-up coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- A four-year degree in related field, at least five years work experience of in a related field (lab related)
- Must have proven record of excellent communication, customer service, analytical experience, and organizational skills.
- At least five years work experience of in a related field (lab related)
- Purchasing, Inventory Management, and personal computer experience required.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and manage multiple departmental projects.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed