These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
These are the specific areas of accountability requiring decisions or delivery of results. Most positions have between six to ten key job duties. In this section, list and describe the position’s principal responsibilities in concise, but comprehensive statements. Include those accountabilities that are critical to the successful performance of the job. Indicate % of time in a single work week spent on top 5 – 10 duties (no less than 5% increments).
List all essential job duties-
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects.
- May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management plan
- Prioritizes own and team’s work.
- Anticipates consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Sets and meets realistic deadlines. Forecasts changes and communicates current and projected issues.
- Creates within the team a shared focus on the importance of achieving results.
- Creates work standards for project; establishes and defines roles and responsibilities, specific outcomes, and clear measures for quality and success of the team.
- Follows through with fair and consistent consequences for both achieving and not achieving results. Provides performance feedback and assists employees with plans for development and training.
- Produce project status reports on cadence agreed with client
- Develops and tracks project budgets
- Assesses and discloses risks of project and project deadlines to internal staff and clients
Level of education preferred (if required or experience level which may be substituted for level of education).
Professional degree/designations/certifications/licenses legally required (i.e. RN, MD, VDM etc.).
BS or higher. PMP preferred. >2 years’ experience in project management
- Minimum 4 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects. Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes. Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills •
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and critical thinking skills
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Able to negotiate with vendors and clients
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat,
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project, SmartSheets or other project tracking programs
Have an entrepreneurial, collaborative, positive can-do attitude
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed