The Assistant is accountable for the receipt and the processing of irreplaceable clinical trial specimens. The Assistant will perform a variety of tasks depending on the specific Sample Handling Assistant level held.
- Receive shipments for the LPS departments from the different couriers and perform all related tasks.
- Resolve misrouted shipments (not intended for LPS or Covance) and perform all related tasks.
- Open and clean inbound LPS shipments.
- Ensure QC of the discarded material to prevent any failures and report to management as needed.
- Maintain temperature of specimen in received condition.
- Scan shipments into the database.
- Electronically archive requisitions using the document management system.
- Timely perform the 1st data entry of all patient demographics and Administrative entries (1st Accessioning).
- Prepare the original requisitions for hard copy archiving.
- Check and result the different administrative data via RES if applicable.
- Perform tasks in the Aliquotting area. Maintaining and cleaning of instrument if applicable, as well as manual aliquots and related tasks.
- Sort testing specimens as per local "rules" (manual / automatic sorter, if applicable).
- Sort specimens for storage and acknowledge them in the system with the pre-scan function.
- Perform Kit Receipt process under supervision of trainer with the expectations to perform Kit Receipt process independently after completion of training.
- Ensure kits are timely processed and samples timely delivered to the concerned departments.
- Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities
- Perform On-call and after hours duties as needed.
- Ensure concerned SOPs are timely read.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, SOPs. Identify potential biohazard problems and follow corrective action. Encourage others to follow biohazard precaution.
- Ensure daily suitable cleaning of the work places of the department
- Perform all required training.
- Maintain the training file correct and up-to-date.
- Ensure work area and department is kept in good order.
- Ensure proper documentation is made for future reference.
- Work well within team environment.
- Minimize biohazard waste.
- Mentor new employee to ensure her/his integration within the team
- Generate new ideas for departmental process improvement.
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree / advanced degree in applicable discipline
- Minimum 1 year applicable work experience
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take up challenges
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer literate
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed