Essential Job Duties:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
These are the specific areas of accountability requiring decisions or delivery of results.
- Supports or manages all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]) for opportunities as assigned
- Responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
- Shadow and/or assist more senior colleagues on opportunities of medium to high complexity
- Responsible for managing some transactional clients
- Analyzes RFI and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to assist in identifying missing information for budget, proposal and/or RFI response preparation, with support. Supports follow-up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
- Shadow or manage strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Works across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to support the process and complete deliverables
- Prepares standard documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines, with minimal supervision
- Administratively supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
- Is responsible for timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Escalates issues/challenges to Manager for advice on resolution
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as directed
- Support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Develops appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
- Contributes to assigned process improvement initiatives and supports implementation
- Contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Perform quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- Support hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
- Expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process
- Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor’s degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
Language fluency in both English and Chinese
Minimum 3 years
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and/or text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is a plus
- Demonstrated text editing and writing skills (based on business unit and/or team expectations)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses an ability and willingness to work across Covance Business Units
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client’s proposal deadline.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed