The Senior Associate, SAS Programming is primarily responsible for accurately developing programs for reporting health services data and assisting with the interpretation and summary of the findings.
- Understand Client Requirements: Participates in discussions regarding the assignment to define how the work will be done and the deliverables that will be presented by the company.
- Prepare Proposals: May prepare drafts of proposals and budgets, incorporating specific client requirements into standard formats used for previous engagements.
- Data Collection: Supports and may supervise the primary collection of data through development of data collection tools and/or data entry.
- Conduct Analysis: Conducts quantitative analysis, programming, or data management activities.
- May review programming code of more junior programmers.
- Develop Findings and Recommendations: Assists in using data to prepare specific findings and recommendations. Evaluates data using appropriate quantitative methods as necessary to allow inferences and conclusions to be drawn.
- Review Findings and Recommendations with Client: May meet with client to describe sources of data, explain patterns observed in data, and indicate how findings and recommendations were developed.
- Prepare Deliverables: Prepares drafts of results graphs, tables, illustrations, and text for reports, presentations, publications, and other key project documents.
- Evaluate Engagement: Participates in the internal evaluation of engagements including review of original work plan, budget, individual assignments, client response, and potential for future work.
- Support Internal Practices: Supports functions of other company practices by providing analysis of issues raised by internal project teams.
The Senior Associate, SAS Programming typically holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information technology, or other related field. Position requires proven skills using SAS as the primary analytic tool. Experience creating tables/figures/listing using SAS is a must. Knowledge of CDISC is preferred as well as some coursework in statistics is preferred. Understanding of healthcare claims and health survey databases is a plus.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software programs, including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Collaborates and works with peers to accomplish tasks assigned.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Solution driven.
- Positive attitude.
The Senior Associate, SAS Programming typically has two or more years of prior, related work experience
in a clinical study research environment (e.g., consultancy, contract research organization, pharma).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed