- Manage and resolve problem tickets for assigned applications within designated performance metrics and in accordance with all applicable SOPs, team processes and management guidelines.
- Complete application service requests in accordance with established team processes.
- Develop, execute and document plans to test system modifications and/or data integrity as a role in change control processes within planned projects or problem resolution activities.
- Develop and maintain technical and user documentation.
- Conduct thorough system analysis and / or comprehensive software/systems programming.
- Provide off-hours and / or escalated support through participation in rotating pager coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Collect, analyze and report on metrics surrounding application, system and database performance, problem resolution performance and resource management.
- Assist management by performing other duties as assigned, including but not limited to conducting training and assisting teammates.
- This position will interact with internal Covance by LabCorp users of the systems that are supported. Users may be located in various business units or locations across Covance by LabCorp.
- This position may also interact with external vendors which Covance has contracted with for support of our packaged applications.
- This position will support client facing businesses and functions. In addition, there is frequent remote and face to face communication required with the business for service delivery. Application support may be required off hours in order to aid the business in meeting client deliverables.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, life sciences, or a related
discipline. A Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
5+ years of development and support experience in enterprise-grade IT systems.
- Hands-on database (Oracle, MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL) experience and SQL proficiency.
- Experience in the following:
Java web based technologies, .Net, Node.js, Python are a plus.
Experience in big data technologies, with HBase and Spark preferable.
Experience working with Windows/Unix/Linux administration.
Experience with web server (IIS, Apache), reverse proxy and API gateway configuration
Experience using RESTful web APIs and web-based application security
Experience with DevOps automation using Bamboo or Jenkins and Docker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with diverse user communities and software
- Understanding of clinical study execution and familiarity with electronic systems for clinical data
- Expert trouble-shooting skills for data systems and complex software applications.
- General problem solving skills, versatility.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed