- Ensure proper temperature of specimens are maintained.
- Ensure timely processing of kits and requisitions
- Ensure all testing requested is ordered
- Ensure timely delivery of specimens to the Laboratory
- Ensure timely communication with departments/clients concerning processing problems
- Ensure sufficient documentation of all processes
- Ensure that specimens are picked up from Laboratory Pre-Analytical Services, sorted and pre-scanned into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for registration and processing of specimens into correct storage temperature.
- Generation and application of specialized labels to include mini labels and computer generated bar codes.
- Process, register, package and ship samples requiring special handling
- Research and resolution of problem samples and correct routing of these specimens maintaining documentation during the process.
- Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to be discarded and completing the discard process.
- Perform domestic and/or in-house shipping procedures.
- Good level of general education (e.g. Diploma or Bachelor of Science degree) in Life science or related studies is preferred but not essential
- Previous healthcare, medical or laboratory experience is preferred but not essential
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed