- Understand and calculate cost forecasting and revenue recognition within Estimate At Completion (ASC-606) revenue methodology and provide insight to senior management on project movements assigned to you.
- Maintain complete and accurate project financial records in accordance with GAAP. Provide timely project information and margins to finance to support ASC 606 revenue recognition. Deliver understandable project analysis information to project team members and management as part of the Monthly Project Review Process.
- Work with project team to proactively identify issues affecting project results and profitability. Identify workable solutions to minimize risk and maximize profitability. Work with other analysts to identify project trends and issues. Enter budgets and necessary project information into the financial accounting system and project analysis files to allow for accurate project coding, invoicing and accounting.
- Serve as a financial resource to project managers or other project team members. Provide project financial training, as necessary. Respond to project manager, sponsor, business development director or other customer requests for project information.
- Indirect support of other analysts as needed. Assist in both Internal, External and SOX Audits
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the project team or senior management. Assisting with Audit queries.
- Monitors the overall health of assigned projects including but not limited to revenue, gross profit, forecasted hours as well as project close outs and reconciliations.
- Proficiency in understanding EAC revenue methodology (ASC 606) and performing monthly variance analyses at the project level.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team Oriented: Works effectively with all co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others. Active participant in team meetings and providing guidance to project team members.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills, Solution Oriented: Demonstrates an ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Approaches problems by focusing on workable solutions. Demonstrates a record of identifying opportunities for improvement and creating solutions through continuous and effective communications with management. Is seen by others as a resource on matters relating to project analysis.
- Excellent Organization/Time Management: Makes aggressive commitments, keeps commitments, and is willing to be judged against them; Keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to successfully prioritize work and meet deadlines. Keeps complete and accurate budget and project analysis records in compliance with company SOPs and processes.
- Process Oriented: Continuously identifies new ways to improve quality and efficiencies while increasing profitability.
- Flexible, Change Agent: Can adjust to constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Effectively works with Global Project teams, adjusts schedule for time zone differences. Has ability to be flexible when change occurs. Able to anticipate and bring about change when needed. Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
2+ Years as project/financial analyst, ideally with CRO or Pharmaceutical company providing financial oversight and variance analysis on international clinical trials
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed