Are you ready to take your career forward?
This leadership role is highly visible within the global Labcorp by Covance Clinical Development & Commercialization Services (CDCS) business and is central to delivering Covance’s value proposition to potential clients. This positon is required to partner with executive Covance leaders to support the growth strategy and continuous improvement in the organization.
- Develop APAC government relations strategy/tactics in close partnership with local leadership, the global government relations team, and the company’s government relations consultants spanning legislative and regulatory developments, thought leadership and advocacy.
- Build a strong network of internal relationships with country managers and cross-functional colleagues in areas such as regulatory affairs while driving and maintaining alignment with the Global Government Relations team and other business functions.
- Quickly get up to speed on Labcorp’s business landscape and capabilities as well as its stakeholders.
- Brief and coach local executives on key messaging, public policy issues, business risks and opportunities in advance of external engagements, and provide on-site support for events involving government officials as needed.
- Closely follow key trends in the life sciences industry, monitoring for major developments that impact Labcorp, its competitors and the larger business environment.
- Monitor and flag legislative and regulatory actions that would impact the company’s operations and/or business goals and provide recommendations to company leaders for action.
- Work to develop, foster, and strengthen relationships with key policymakers, influencers, and third party organizations including industry associations throughout Asia.
- Develop policy, media and advocacy focused strategic materials and messaging together with the global government relations team.
- Proactively advocate for agreed public policy positions in APAC.
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in government affairs or similar environment; strong APAC regional government relations experience.
- Strong experience and understanding of life sciences, healthcare, or pharmaceutical industries.
- Ability to work in a complex, global, and highly matrixed organization, with special capability to collaborate and communicate regardless of location.
- Strong project manager, able to map out strategies, set milestones and execute in close collaboration with diverse stakeholders and business functions.
- Demonstrated experience managing concurrent projects and work streams across countries and regions while delivering high-quality materials and results.
- Quick strategic thinker, who is able to effectively synthesize and translate complex material for education/engagement purposes both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong communicator, writer, editor and presenter.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed