The Nonclinical Data Associate I is an entry level position in the global data management solutions group, learning the tasks required of drafting and finalizing nonclinical datasets with supervision.
Learns appropriate levels and methods of direct contact with clients
- Learns to prepare form letters and communication text
- Shadows experienced data associates and joins other client-facing staff (e.g., study director) to attend client site visits and client conference calls
Learns to use software tools to efficiently and accurately complete job duties. Software types to include: word processing, spreadsheet, dataset/table generation, collaboration/sharing, and database supportive applications.
(85%) Trains on duties required to complete dataset preparation. Tasks to be learned may include, but are not limited to:
- Learning how to obtain and review study documents (e.g., protocol, report) to gather information to prepare datasets
- Learning to generate and quality check (QC) dataset files to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Learning to address client inquiries on content of study datasets
(5%) May learn to compile metadata to populate databases supporting nonclinical safety assessment.
(5%) May train on software testing and validation activities. Initial training will include executing test scripts and maintaining documentation in accordance with Labcorp methodology which complies with General Principles of Software Validation issued by regulatory agencies.
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned and may include shadowing or attending company and/or industry initiatives related to dataset specifications and/or production
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in one of the following: life sciences, computer science/information systems, statistics, or mathematics.
2+ years of experience in clinical or non-clinical research industryMinimum Required:
- Basic knowledge of office software (e.g., Microsoft® Office, especially Word and Excel; Adobe® Acrobat®)
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills
- Knowledge or experience using programming applications or formulas such as, but not limited to: SAS, R, Python or willingness to learn within 1st year of employment.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed