The Project Documentation Specialist (PDS) is responsible for the management and completion of team administrative and technical duties especially on inspection and governing related activities required of Global Project Management in your region through compliance with the CLS Global Project Management strategy, in order to deliver outstanding client satisfaction.
- Provide administrative and technical support to CLS and consult with other Covance departments as needed.
- Review requests to ensure accurate information has been provided.
- Complete requests and follow up with requestor as needed.
- Perform quality checks on completed requests.
- Generate and review Covance database reports and resolve issues as needed.
- Responsible for the management of technical information related to supported department(s) activity.
- Retrieve and document project-related information in a timely manner.
- Attend required training to maintain Client Coordinator capabilities and for continuous development.
- Participate in Covance Corporate training.
- Complete mandatory Quality Assurance training sessions.
- Attend mandatory team meetings.
- Participate in job shadowing or interdepartmental developmental opportunities.
- Complete new hire on-boarding training.
- Participate in ongoing training initiatives regarding process and systems changes or updates.
- Complete advanced training for continuing development.
- Ensure compliance with departmental guidelines and company standards.
- Adhere to management communications, meetings, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other documents effectively and in a timely manner.
- Track and report metrics as determined by management in the agreed timelines.
- Assist and support management in the implementation of global processes and procedures.
- Maintain global communication and coordination with all Covance CLS units regarding service definitions/changes for global processes.
- Manage day-to-day tasks related to the departmental internal and external communication.
- Act as a liaison between the Client Coordinator team and all other Covance departments and business units
- Work with the Global Team Manager, Supervisor, and/or designated team members to ensure prioritization of the tasks linked to the defined responsibilities.
- Responsible for effective and timely adherence to management communications, meetings and procedures.
- Document all service failures, resolve, and escalate to management when appropriate resolution is incomplete.
- Comply with CLS Global Project Management strategy.
- Participate in team tasks related to planning, and departmental team issue resolution.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, quality and productivity.
- Participate actively on process improvement projects.
- Identify and report any process gaps and potential solutions.
- Ensure consistency and implementation of global processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Advocate of process changes globally and share the department’s vision.
- Ensure compliance with the Client Coordinator Team strategy.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements with and/or without the use of technology
- Provide dedicated support for Sponsors (as needed/requested by Project Management)
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of tasks and SOW understanding
- Capable of handling additional responsibilities as needed by Management
- Ability to take on Special/Complex monitoring
- Ability to mentor and/or train
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of tools and resources
- High School Diploma
- Ability to use computer and office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, MS-Access and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong in English, French a good asset (Europe only)
- Chinese and Japanese language a good asset (Asia/Pac only)
- Influence and negotiation skills
- (2) year vocational or Associate’s Degree
- Preferred 1 year experience within Covance or 2 years experience in applicable field
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Proven teamwork
- Proven experience and knowledge of processes and tools used in department
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal departments
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings
- Demonstrated participation in process improvement initiatives
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed