Excellent spoken and written English skills are critical and essential to the successful execution of the job role/function
This position will provide process and technical system support to Early Development and Chemistry Solutions, including problem solving, CUSLC expertise, vendor interaction and defect/issue management and resolution; focused primarily on supporting APAC sites. The position will include application administration and system lifecycle support responsibilities, specializing in system support and validation testing paradigms. The position will coordinate with multiple groups, covering a range of activities, including but not limited to: Computer Application Support, Application Administration, IT support, IT engagement, and IT infrastructure positions to support multiple applications, programs, and projects, as well as site-based technology platforms and portfolios. This position will assist the business units in meeting their technological goals and system lifecycle evolution by helping to translate the business needs into technical requirements and making technology recommendations to enhance strategic business initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Indicate positions accountability
_____ GLC/General Manager
_____ Department Head/Function Lead
_____ Manager of Managers
__X__ Individual Contributor
Indicate the number of:
__0__ Direct Reports
__2-4__ Indirect Reports
¨ Number of direct and indirect subordinates (use ranges rather than exact numbers, with the ranges for direct reports being tighter than the ranges used for indirect reports)
- Essential Job Duties: Global System Lifecycle Support Specialist
- Assist Manager with process to ensure a coordinated and unified approach for all managed applications
- Act as a Systems Lifecycle Support and application SME resource for end users
- Provide business, scientific and IT process support
- Provide technical troubleshooting and issue resolution for applications and associated instruments
- Identify, plan, organize, and lead resolution to technical and business process issues
- Collaborate with Business Technology Analysts, Validation Project Leads and Application Administrators to ensure appropriate system lifecycle support for the GBT technology portfolio.
- Understand and maintain subject matter expertise and help to manage changing requirements
- Identify non-GBT systems, applications, and/or instruments for inclusion in Satellite AA networks, to better improve globally coordinated administration of applications
- Work with users to improve application functionality and, as appropriate, expand deployment of applications to other departments and business units
- Support overall process improvement efforts by participating in related strategic initiatives that contribute to a more data and process driven culture
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development of enhanced methods for CUSLC application (new testing paradigms, improved testing process, etc.)
- Work with business management to evaluate, cost, plan and schedule development and implementation activities for technology and/or technology-driven process that provide improvements to business operations
- Work with development resources to translate these requirements into technical specifications.
- Perform AA tasks as needed, such as: managing user access to applications, leading or participating in Periodic Reviews, providing CUSLC documentation, helping to generate/update application SOPs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- D. Scope
- Describe scope of position (global vs. regional vs. domestic,
_____ Domestic– Location(s) within a single country or neighboring countries with similar
_____ Regional– Continental Region (e.g. Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, North America,
Latin America, Middle East)
__X__ Global– All regions of the world
- Single vs. Multiple Business Units or cost centers
__ __ Single
_____ Covance wide
- Indicate the scope of financial responsibilities (Revenue and/or Budget responsibilities (if applicable)
__________ Annual Operating Budget
- Principal Contacts and Scope of Communications
- The position will work with Early Development and Chemistry Solutions science and operations personnel.