Training and Development Professionals plan, develop, implement and evaluate training and development programs to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by organizations to meet organizational objectives. The Training and Development specialist has primary accountability for training within a designated function or role.
This role will collaborate with the functional team on specified projects and/or tasks to develop and/or deliver necessary training and/or materials leading to rollout and maintenance. The role acts as subject matter expert (SME) for the functional team.
Essential Job Duties:
Design & Develop:
* Identify training needs and requirements of individuals and organizations and apply best practices toward enhanced learning (design, delivery methods, materials, etc.)
* Gather, investigate and research background materials to gain an understanding of various subject matters and systems
* Prepare and develop instructional training material and aids such as handbooks, visual aids, online tutorials, demonstration models, and supporting training reference documentation
* Design, coordinate, schedule and conduct training and development programs that can be delivered in the form of individual and group instruction.
* Document control – support the development of formal documentation (standard operation procedure(s) and work instruction(s)) and informal documentation in collaboration with the functional team
* Onboarding: design training plan and material: organization, creation, delivery, maintenance
* Continuing Education: design training plan and material: organization, creation, delivery, maintenance.
Training Delivery & Evaluation
* Partner with functional team staff, design staff, management, peers, other SMEs and mentors toward the achievement of successful, compliant and consistent deliverables (onboarding, continuing education, mentoring program, general training, projects, etc.) Build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
* Facilitate workshops, meetings, demonstrations and conferences
* Plan, monitor and perform ongoing evaluation and assessment of training quality and effectiveness, and review and modify training objectives, methods and course deliverables (self, materials, trainees, participants, presenters, and process/procedure).
* Liaise with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training and development programs as per training needs
Coaching & Mentoring
* Coach and develop others, assessing and identifying developmental needs and coaching, mentoring, or supporting their improvement.
* Act as an SME with extensive knowledge of functional team activities, tools and deliverables and provide support to colleagues on related topics
* Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups.
* Advise management regarding the development and placement of employees.
* Participate on process excellence and / or functional projects led by Global Project Management and Data Services (GPMDS) and with GPMDS component.
* Other duties as assigned