Are you ready to redefine what’s possible, and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance by labcorp? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy & collaborative workplace. Your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
As a EHS Specialist at Covance by labcorp you:
- May administer EHS programs, e.g., hazard communication (MSDS and chemical inventory), contractor safety, chemical safety, waste management, respiratory protection, life safety.
- May function as Chemical Hygiene Officer.
- May perform chemical hazard assessments of purchased chemicals.
- May perform test material safety reviews and risk assessments under the direction of the EHS Specialist/Supervisor.
- May perform hazard and PPE assessments under the direction of the EHS Management.
- Administer EHS training programs and perform EHS training.
- Respond to hazardous chemical emergencies.
- Assist in waste minimization practices and other sustainability projects under the direction of the EHS Management.
- Provide first aid and CPR on an emergency basis.
- May provide waste management and respirator fit testing services.
- Lead or participate in facility EHS inspections.
- Assist EHS Management as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Technical Field plus 3-4 years of relevant experience; or high school diploma plus more than 10 years of EHS related experience.
- Must possess education and/or training requirements and years of experience to be appointed Chemical Hygiene Officer.
- Associate Safety Professional or similar recognized EHS related certification desired.
- Emergency Response certifications.
- Maintains certifications to ship hazardous materials if required.
- Maintains First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Pharmaceutical or Chemical Industry experience
- Knowledge of basic state/country EHS regulations.
- Ability to perform moderate to complex level word processing and spreadsheet tasks.
- Familiarity with EHS hazard and risk identification, evaluation and control concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with significant presentation experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed