Responsible for day-to-day logistics specific departmental and business unit operations and implementation of strategic operational projects under the Manager lead. The position requires extensive contact with Couriers and internal departments at Covance. The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day activities related to Inbound, Outbound, SM and lab to lab shipments.
The incumbent must demonstrate superior problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
Responsible and accountable for:
- Monitoring and tracking of Inbound, Outbound, SM and Lab to Lab shipments for all locations in the region.
- Providing precise and reliable feedback to management on specific Courier performance or issues.
- Managing the overall Logistics day-to-day operations with the service providers involved in the supply chain to and from site’s referral labs and other designated locations.
- Document all process and service failures, resolve, and escalate to management when appropriate resolution is incomplete.
- Ensuring alignment and support between Logistics and Finance including issues such as Unmatched EDI, Cost analysis etc.
- Assist in the analysis phase and lead implementation of global best practices for processes and procedures.
- Metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s): Providing timely and precise departmental metrics and KPI’s, internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Required: High-School (USA) or High School Bachelor Degree ideally within Economics/Business field .
Nice to Have: Any further Specialization/Certification within the Supply Chain/Logistics field.
- 4 years experience in Customer service and/or Logistics
- 2 years international business experience
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed