You will lead a core project team, and facilitate team’s ability to lead by ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among team members --including both internal and external partners. The PM Job duties may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director depending on the size and nature of the project.
- Provide project focused leadership across Covance departments, offices, external vendors and clients to deliver corporate and department objectives.
- Dedicatedly identify and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track per contract.
- Proactively utilize both quality control and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, client and Covance requirements.
- Build required project plans, and per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans revising as necessary.
- Proactively lead variance to project plans to bring the study back in line with stated project standards.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Meet financial performance targets for assigned project(s) and being accountable for budget control across project(s).
- Accurate month-to-month completion of earned value analysis, as assigned, and evaluation and management of billed time to plan to minimize write-off and capitalize on fixed-price gains.
- Proactively identify out of scope activities and execute necessary change orders prior to out-of-scope work being done.
- Ensure project procurement needs are managed appropriately and per Covance SOPs.
- Collaborate with finance to initiate monthly invoicing as assigned.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adhere to professional standards and SOP and are working within the assigned allocation.
- Initiate improvements to improve the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
- Provide performance feedback of team members to respective line managers.
- Define and manage project human resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to appropriate stakeholder(s) inclusive of CAIR and CAPA completion as required while serving as key client contact.
- Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client happiness, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Prepare and deliver presentations in collaboration with relevant departments for new business as required.
- May have line management responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff.
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Detailed knowledge of financial control procedures (i.e. earned value analysis).
- Working knowledge of project management processes, time and cost estimate development, ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Deep understanding of drug development process and client needs.
- Masters or other advanced degree.
- PMP certification.
- Working understanding of Covance and the overall structure of the organization and Covance SOPs.
- Basic understanding of Covance sales and business development strategies and procedures.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant clinical research experience including demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks.
- In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > six (6) years supervisory experience in a heath care setting and five (5) years clinical research experience with at least one (1) year project management experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
- Experience in managing projects in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources effectively.
- Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently while inspiring effective teamwork --motivate staff within a matrix system.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to present to staff at all levels.
- Good computer skills with good working understanding of a range of computer programs.
- Ability to assess technology alternatives and implications.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed