• Utilize knowledge and experience with histology samples to maintain proper storage conditions and facilitate accessioning of blocks and slides (stained and unstained).
• Routine decalcification, processing, embedding, microtomy and re-embedding of human tissue specimens from patients enrolled in clinical trials.
• Perform Immunohistochemistry and FISH testing according to protocols and SOPs.
• Perform slide scanning as required and according to protocols.
• Ensure that Special Handling specimens are picked up from the appropriate area, sorted, accessioned, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
• Generation and application of specialized labels to include aliquot and/or mini labels with client specific elements.
♦ General duties including but not limited to:
• Resolve pendings. Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
• Prepare workstation, instrumentation and maintenance on instruments and/or equipment daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Ability to adequately maintain accurate records and both adhere to Standard Operating Procedures:
- Calibrate instruments, verification of temperature, and logging of data as required.
- Ensure that maintenance is performed and documented according to SOP.
- Perform basic instrument and/or equipment troubleshooting.
- Document corrective actions for unusual occurrences.
- Notify management when an instrument and/or equipment does not meet specifications.
- Ability to use different application software.
- Document quality control results.
- Perform proficiency testing survey as patient specimens.
• Reagents, material and supplies monitoring
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures and performs all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
• Adheres to safety and occupational health policies and standards.
- Individual is responsible for maintaining his/her complete up-to-date training file, and is accountable for correcting any deficiencies found in his/her training file.
- Individual is responsible for ensuring he/she is trained and training is documented prior to perform a task.
- Individual successfully completes, as scheduled, competency assessment, and ensures competency testing documentation is provided to management for review.
- Generates an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences/biomedical sciences/Medical Technology preferred from an accredited college or university.
- At least 1 year previous experience in histology laboratory
- Ability to adequately maintain accurate records and both adhere to and author Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to troubleshoot problems with manual and automated histological equipment.
- Requires theoretical and practical knowledge of histology and processing of human tissue specimens, including handling and storage of histology samples.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed