- Ensure that specimens are picked up from Laboratory Pre-Analytical Services, sorted and pre-scanned into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for registration and processing of specimens into correct storage temperature
- Generation and application of specialized labels to include mini labels and computer generated bar codes.
- Process, register, package and ship samples requiring special handling
- Research and resolution of problem samples and correct routing of these specimens maintaining documentation during the process.
- Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to be discarded and completing the discard process
- Perform domestic and/or in-house shipping procedures.
- Maintain inventory records for items used in daily workflow.
- Consolidate and move drawers as specified to effectively utilize freezer space.
- Freezer maintenance
Good level of general education (e.g. Diploma or Bachelor of Science degree) in Life science or related studies is preferred but not essential)
Previous healthcare, medical or laboratory experience is preferred but not essential
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed