The Pathologist Director is accountable for -
• Responsible for routine microscopic review and interpretation based on slide/image examination to support AP production, validation and quality management activities in a timely manner.
• Major duties involves, but not limit to, histopathologic, immunohistochemical and morphological evaluation and report; microscopic preparation of slide for downstream molecular pathology analysis as needed.
• Participates in compliance-driven activities related to AP service as needed , including but not limit to external audit/inspection from client, regulatory and accreditation organization as well as internal audit for this purpose.
• Participate in all the internal/external training or continuous education which pertains to microscopic examination and interpretation.
• Communicate the significance of pathological findings to manager, PM and other related individuals.
• Provide consultations about the medical significance of AP laboratory data. Interpret, correlate and communicate laboratory data to clinical trial sponsors.
• Perform testing and quality control procedures as per LabCorp Clinical Trials Quality Assurance guidelines.
• Provide consultations to ensure preparations of the tissue samples maintain high quality standards.
• Assist in all quality control and quality assurance programs for anatomic pathology.
• Comply with all safety regulations and policies as they relate to the laboratory environment.
• Ensure all biohazardous waste is handled in a manner that complies with Covance Central Laboratories safety and environmental policies.
• Formal Training/Education in Pathology with medical science background.
• Board certified or eligible in Pathology.
• Demonstrated record of accomplishments including relevant work history in academic, private practice, or commercial environments.
• Good verbal and written communications in English and time management skills
• Analytical, creative and works well in a team environment.
• Possess basic computer skills to include but not limited to word, excel and data entry.
5 years or more pathology department/lab experience.
• 3 years or more relevant scientific experience in histopathology, immunohistochemistry, cytopathology and other pathology laboratory techniques.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed