Manages a scientific group conducting multidisciplined studies to generate high quality scientific results on behalf of Covance clients. Plays a key role in developing strategies for developing new business, managing resources, and providing scientific oversight for critical issues. Ensures testing is completed by established deadlines in compliance with SOP’s and regulatory agency guidelines.
May serve as Sr. Principal Investigator for Bioanalytical projects or to mentor others in doing so. Provides technical training and assistance internally, maintaining very high technical standards for the entire team.
- Essential Job Duties:
Identify those duties shown above with an “*” that at client-related (relevant for positions that directly interact with or directly support external clients).
· Provides a technical resource for less experienced team members.
· Actively promotes collaboration within and across groups.
· Communicates successes and provides positive recognition to team members.
· Promotes a positive impression of Covance internally and within the industry.
· Provides technical and scientific guidance to clients and other departments.
- Represents the single point of control for chemistry projects. Manages client relationships for chemistry studies.
- Compiles and communicates study requirements to appropriate study team members.
- Develops protocols and ensures that the protocol and report, including any changes, are approved and in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Monitors progress and status of assigned studies. Ensures that all experimental data, including observations of unanticipated responses to the test system, are accurately recorded and verified.
- Provides technical/scientific guidance and leadership to ensure project completion and to other areas of the company.
- Leads and sponsors client visits.
- Responsible for ensuring that any unforeseen circumstances that may affect the quality and integrity of the study are identified and documented as they occur and corrective action is taken.
- Provides management direction to designated groups.
- Assists in the planning and managing of business development and marketing activities for section to form client/Company partnerships. Foresees and promotes interdisciplinary applications of research expertise.
- Assesses interest and feasibility of projects requiring a high degree of creativity and technical organization. Discusses preliminary costs, price and duration of studies.
- Monitors/evaluates/reviews the scientific and financial performance of studies and projects.
- Discusses study problems or scope changes with appropriate personnel, suggests solutions and actions to solve study problems, manages the impact on time and cost.
- Trains and mentors staff to ensure high quality work is performed.
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the department.
- Interprets and implements policies effecting staff, fiscal and technical management for the department.
- Performs general supervisory duties including full range of recruitment activities, full range of performance evaluation activities, schedules work, prepares training plans, and executes Affirmative Action goals in department.B. Principal Contacts and Scope of Communications
- PhD or MS in Chemistry/Biology/related science.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Skilled in the appropriate chemistry field.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines.
- Proficiency in project management skills.
- Ability to conduct review of related literature and references to obtain the required information and subsequently apply it.
- Skilled in data interpretation and report writing.
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
PhD or MS in Chemistry/Biology/related science, or equivalent degree, plus 7-9 years related experience including supervision. Experience may be substituted for education.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed