- Reviews and interprets study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that a study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
- Collects and records applicable hand and computer generated data in accordance with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
- Interacts independently with Study Directors, Formulations Coordinators, and management to prepare vehicle and test material mix procedures.
- Contributes to the creation of new SOP’s as appropriate.
- Performs study calculations and specific techniques for test material formulation.
- Serves as Lead Tech and is responsible for independent study set up (includes mix procedures) and management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures. Participates in pre-initiation meetings.
- Responsible to review study schedule and ensure that it is complete and accurate according to protocol requirements. Communicates necessary changes to supervisor. Learns to prepare study schedules.
- Independently able to use and troubleshoot laboratory equipment as appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, vehicles, diets, solution/suspensions, and capsules according to study protocols and SOPs.
- Performs the process of disposition of samples from prepared dose materials by Covance or sponsor.
- Performs formulation verification and storage of prepared test materials.
- Responsible for safe handling of test materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Recognizes deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator, Formulations Coordinator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
- Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
- Acts as key trainer for less experienced staff. Guides and supports lead and secondary techs in study management responsibilities.
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Plans assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedules multiple assignments.
- Contributes towards a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Identifies and leads process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
2 years of related experience
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed