LabCorp is seeking an attorney based in Shanghai, China, to work independently under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, to provide substantial support on routine legal work, assess legal risks of business contracts and projects, and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Key among the responsibilities for this role will be negotiating strategic agreements and supporting compliance initiatives in China. This position will provide ongoing legal counsel and contract interpretation for business team members.
The successful candidate will:
- Engage proactively with business stakeholders to maintain LabCorp’s commitment to a strong ethical culture;
- Monitor and assess compliance with Corporate policies and procedures, while actively providing recommendations to enhance/develop, implement and modify Corporate policies and procedures, where appropriate;
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts and ancillary legal documents across multiple enterprise stakeholders and business units;
- Assist with third-party due diligence processes, including post-contract monitoring, review and risk assessments;
- Provide guidance to the business and local business leaders in cooperation with Corporate Compliance and Corporate Law Departments;
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance training for all Chinese personnel;
- Review and keep updated on local national and provincial legislation that may affect the life sciences industry.
- Knowledge of healthcare, pharmaceutical or clinical trials regulations in China is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and legal issues facing Chinese operations, including, but not limited to, compliance with the China Corporate Social Credit System;
- In-house legal experience at a life sciences company (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Clinical Research Organization).
- Licensed to practice law in China, the US, UK or other common law jurisdiction;
- A minimum of 3+ years of legal experience;
- Reading, writing and speaking Mandarin required: simplified and traditional preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed