Analyzes samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and recommends corrective action.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Suggests and performs modifications to test methods or procedures where precedence exists.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Serves as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with minimal supervision.
- May interact in external client communications.
- Sets up and performs method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices with limited supervision.
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Trains and assists less experienced staff.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Writes, revises and reviews methods, SOPs and portions of reports and protocols.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in science plus at least 5 years or above experience or MS degree with 3 years or above experience.
- Experience with use and trouble shooting of analytical equipment is desired.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed