- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Performs quality control review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
- Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Assist in logging in and keeping track of standards, matrix, special reagents and study samples. Performs a variety of sample accession responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP’s and regulatory guidelines, in support of departmental operations.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Ability to serve as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with supervision.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Trains and assists less experienced staff.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in writing reports, methods, protocols and SOPs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
- 1-2 years related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g., balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
- Experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Acts as a technical resource for the department (trouble shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and training).
- Maintains and operates laboratory equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
- Completes project assignments on time with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures and methodology.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Acts as a project leader with guidance as needed.
- Able to perform complex analysis using unfamiliar or new methods.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of relevant sections of final reports.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed