Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all necropsy and histologic procedures are completed and documented according to SOPs, GLPs, appropriate regulatory agency guidelines, and client specifications for all assigned studies.
- Reports and addresses all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Directs and coordinates space, materials, equipment, labor and other resources with other site managers to meet department objectives.
- Coordinates all development programs with the senior manager/associate director/director and facilities personnel to ensure compliance with department, company and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates administration of the training program for Operations to ensure consistency of results.
- Enforces department safety programs; coordinates with the environmental, health and safety department.
- Identifies and suggests resolution to scientific and people problems within the department with little direct involvement by the senior manager/associate director/director.
- Works on a wide range of problems where the use of creative thinking is required.
- Oversees the scheduling of all study specific tasks and assists supervisors in assigning staff resources for toxicology studies.
- Establishes and leads teams to identify process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- Performs supervisory duties including full range of recruitment and performance evaluation activities, individual staff development and identifies/develops potential supervisory back up., and assures staff is trained and proficient..
- Proactive interaction with internal and external clients and suppliers. Cooperates and maintains good relationships with other groups.
- Provides, analyzes and updates metrics. Understands financial statements and impact on department.
- Recommends changes and leads in the development and execution of new methods in the laboratory.
- Makes suggestions to continually maximize data quality as well as the efficiency of the personnel and laboratory areas.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans department workload in coordination with team members.
- Provides mentoring, coaching, and training of supervisors, as needed.
- Works with counterparts in North America and Europe to optimize procedures across sites.
- Evaluates equipment and facilities, and advises upper management of needs or changes required.
- Resolves problems and notifies management of resolution when job is within scope of own ability.
- Recommends/resolves and carries out solutions for more complicated problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Internal: Interacts with other operational and scientific personnel along with staff responsible for study management.
- External: May be occasional interaction with clients.
8 years of related experience and 1-3 years of people management experience
Language Skills Required:
- Speaking: Yes (English)
- Writing/Reading: Yes (English)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed