♦ Successfully performs the specific department duties as set forth in the task list and/or department training checklist.
♦ Adheres to established Safety SOPs and Universal Precaution guidelines at all times. Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment. Minimizes biohazard waste. Cleans workstation and materials daily.
♦ Demonstrates proficiency in applicable computer systems and software.
♦ Properly handles specimens and resolves specimen issues independently in preparation for analysis and specimen storage. Contacts internal clients for clarification as needed.
♦ Regulatory Compliance
- Performs all procedures in accordance with the written department SOPs.
- Generates an appropriate audit trail for all activities.
- Individual is responsible for maintaining his/her complete up-to-date training file, and is accountable for correcting any deficiencies found in his/her training file.
- Individual is responsible for ensuring he/she is trained and training is documented prior to performing a task.
- The individual successfully completes, as scheduled, competency assessment, and ensures competency testing documentation is provided to management for review/retention.
♦ Provides support to testing personnel in preparation for sample analysis
- Receive, open, and place in service all reagents according to SOPs.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Prepares and properly labels quality control material accurately.
♦ Perform clerical functions as needed including timely filing of department records, printing of worksheets and other records, and preparing data for archival.
♦ May assist in training new employees and follows-up to ensure training is understood.
♦ May perform maintenance on instruments and equipment according to manufacturer and SOP requirements, and documents according to SOP. Notifies laboratory management when an instrument or equipment does not meet specifications.
♦ May perform pipette calibrations and document according to SOP.
♦ Attends, as scheduled, department, mandatory, and other meetings and training as required by training matrices
♦ Introduces and develops improvement ideas for the group with the assistance of others.
♦ Provide laboratory management with a report of activities upon request.
♦ Other duties as assigned.
♦ Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms.
♦ Clean up and process contaminated kits.
Associates Degree; experience may be substituted for education
♦ No prior experience required; prefer lab experience.
♦ Excellent customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and effective communication skills.
♦ Ability to identify and communicate customer service needs.
♦ Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
♦ Effective communication skills.
♦ Excellent documentation skills.
♦ Experience with office software applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed