The HR Consultant will provide the guidance and direction to managers and employees regarding non-complex, routine issues as part of the Employee Relations Center of Excellence (ER CoE) team and regularly supports HR Partnering activities in Japan from the time to time.
- Advises and counsels managers on non-complex routine performance issues and early stage coaching with the intended goal of growing manager's expertise in this area. May assist in resolving employee/manager issues before they escalate into more serious disagreements or performance issues.
- Supports managers in developing appropriate documentation to support the coaching process.
- Supports the ER manager and Legal in conducting employee relations investigations.
- Responsible for tracking and analyzing ER metrics.
- Advises on disciplinary and other formal processes in accordance with Covance policies and appropriate regulatory guidelines. (i.e. attendance issues, failure to follow SOPs, quality issues)
- Handling monthly Company Physician’s visit and meetings with employees and improve the process.
- Participates in various employee relations projects and activities.
- To support HR Business Partners, Legal and Business Leaders to solicit feedback and make recommendations for the continuous improvement of the Employee Relations CoE.
- Supports communication and change efforts with HR, Legal, Business Leaders, Managers, and Employees that support the vision and value of the Employee Relations CoE.
- Coordinates information to ensure compliance with local regulations and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Centers of Excellence, such as payroll and rewards
- All other duties as assigned that are relevant to the role and support the goals of the ER CoE
- HR Partnering Support (30%)
- To work with HRP to deliver HR strategies and solutions which in accordance with the short and long term business goals;
- Supports and operationalizes HR core processes
- Builds strong working relationships, underpinned by trust, credibility and respect with business and HR leaders
- To support HRP for the development of HR initiatives and priorities
- To support HRP and Business organizations and cultures to drive innovation, employee engagement, process improvement and commitment to service excellence
- To support HRP and business leaders support strategies to improve business and organizational performance and change management
- To support HRP for Oversee BU execution of core HR process including Talent Management, Development and Performance
- Applies consistency and fairness in adherence to regulations, compliance, laws, policies, procedures and issue escalation
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or related subject.
- HR Certification desired (Health services supervisor (衛生管理者 - “eisei kanri sha”), etc.).
- More Than 4 years HR experience required;
- Knowledge of local employment law (Japan Labor Law and others) is mandatory.
- Experience in a HR Generalist capacity with working knowledge of Social Insurance, Tax, payroll, benefit, performance management cycles and terminations is preferred.
- Experience working for the Multinational Global organization, preferred
- The working experience in employee relations is preferred.
- Experience in coaching front-line leaders on investigations and discipline issues is preferred.
- Excellent documentation compliance skills.
- Ability to document for legal compliance is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage issues that are time-sensitive and highly confidential.
- Proven customer service focus and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to deal with competing priorities and assist others as needed in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed