Essential Job Duties:
♦ Mentor and provide consultation to scientific and operational staff on technical issues.
♦ Assists operational leaders with converting scientific theory into laboratory operational
♦ Ensures the effective scientific performance of assays through regular monitoring and
evaluation of the assays.
♦ Collaborates with operational leaders to evaluate and assess new technology and new assay
♦ Contributes to long-term planning and technical policies of the department.
♦ May provide technical training for scientific and operational staff.
♦ Provides technical/scientific consultation to departments outside the lab (i.e., Project
Management) to assist with client issues and problem solving.
♦ Effectively manages scientific vendor relationships to troubleshoot issues and improve
♦ Leads and sponsors major client visits.
♦ Interacts with clients and prospective clients to discuss technical/scientific issues, ensure
effective communication and maintain relationships.
♦ Assists in marketing new capabilities.
♦ Regularly reads literature related to scientific area of expertise to remain current in knowledge.
♦ Presentations to clients and professional groups.
♦ Attend meetings, conferences, symposia, and seminars to promote CLS’s capabilities within
dedicated scientific area.
Ph.D. in scientific area of expertise.
Board certification in scientific area of expertise.
• 2 years post-doctoral experience within scientific area of expertise. Additional relevant
experience may be substituted for education requirements above.
• Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
• Proven track record of method development.
• Experience performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
• Knowledge of clinical laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications, and
• Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and
• Attention to detail and interpretation of scientific data.
• Demonstrated problem prevention, detection and resolution.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed