GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- To supervise the activities of scientific and operational staff responsible for PK/TK projects. Responsible for analytical data review, data management, and table generation, as applicable. All activities are conducted in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Schedules staff and assigns resources.
- Prepares technical reports for clients, as appropriate.
- Identifies resource needs, develops purchasing plans, and coordinates installation and maintenance of software, as applicable.
- Reviews data, as applicable.
- Reviews cost estimates; compiles and provides revenue and forecast information to appropriate Covance staff, as applicable.
- Assures staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training plans and ensures staff are trained.
- Performs general human resources responsibilities, including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline. Provides guidance to other supervisory staff regarding these responsibilities.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- May act as front line contact for internal and external clients.
- Acts as mentor to other staff. Trains staff in operational processes and procedures.
- Applies expertise in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex equipment or software.
- Evaluates financial and scheduling data pertinent to scientific operations, identifies potential issues, and recommends solutions.
- Establishes and leads teams to identify process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- Contributes to the establishment and implementation of staff development and operational goals.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- BS/BA degree in Science plus 7-8 years related experience, and 3-4 years previous management experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of appropriate regulatory agency guidelines.
- Working knowledge of laboratory operations and an understanding of the technical aspects of the laboratory and/or computers and computer software systems.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed