The Supervisor I, Data Management supervises a team of data associates in the global data management solutions team, supporting nonclinical study data.
- Staff Development/Performance Management
- Learns the full range of performance evaluation activities.
- Assists with setting employee objectives based on strategic goals
- Identifies personnel actions, such as career development and skills building
- Evaluates staff performance
- Completes succession planning
- Learns the full range of recruitment activities
- Monitors workload to track appropriate staffing levels
- Contributes to the execution of Affirmative Action goals in the department
- Workload Management
- Assigns workload to direct employees
- Familiar with cost metrics for data management
- Assigns personnel to ensure study deadlines and financial budgets are met
- Tracks data for success metrics
- Contributes to the development and implementation of plans, policies, and procedures within department guidelines to improve work quality, efficiency, productivity, and expense control of the global data management group
- Trainingand Learning Management
- Learns the full range of training and learning management activities
- Upholds training principles of a regulated environment, ensuring required training for staff members is completed and documented
- Helps develop training plans
- Ensures new staff members are adequately trained in a reasonable timeframe
- Delivers appropriate overview training sessions for other members of the department, informing them of the roles and responsibilities of the global data management team
- Process Improvement/Innovation
- Promotes continual improvement of processes and product
- Ensures global approach to creating datasets in accordance with regulatory specifications. Identifies opportunities where new technology, automation, and/or processes could reduce errors and/or improve productivity
- Participates in discussions with internal and external colleagues and customers to develop data management solutions
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., biological sciences, technical writing, business, or data management) is preferred
At least 3 years of relatable experience, such as in a contract research organization or laboratory setting, and at least 1 year of supervisory experience is required. Experience in nonclinical operations or data reporting/management is preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed