As a certified Black Belt (or equivalent), you will act as the Process Excellence expert responsible for being a change catalyst, leading improvement teams and working projects across businesses as part of Covance's Process Excellence initiatives.
No direct / indirect reports: However, it is critical to interact with all levels of internal staff, other business unit Process Excellence leads, and functional leaders, and clients.
- Essential Job Duties:
During this full time assignment, you will be:
- Leading process improvement teams and directing timely completion of projects that support critical goals and customer satisfaction requirements, and serve as the departmental point of contact for specific project initiatives and best practices.
- Working across all Covance functions with process owners, champions, and business leaders to facilitate setting priorities, developing agendas and designing objectives related to Covance Process Excellence.
- Training, mentoring, coaching, and challenging team members, process owners and project champions in the use of problem solving and process design tools, methodologies and techniques to drive continuous improvement and develop a Covance Process Excellence mindset.
- Developing and communicating business cases to support recommendations for change to current business practices and processes, and developing controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
- Partnering with multiple levels within the organization identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, enhance productivity, drive growth, further employee engagement and performance. You will be partnering with business unit deployment champions, VP of Quality and other Business Process Improvement Leaders to ensure that best practices are shared across the organization.
Demonstrating strong project management skills, including an ability to plan and execute projects that meet cost, resource and outcome expectations; manage complex and/or competing priorities effectively; and meet commitments in an accurate and timely manner.