- Essential Job Duties:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
These are the specific areas of accountability requiring decisions or delivery of results.
- Owns all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]) for assigned opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities under general supervision, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, and suggesting solutions for obstacles)
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) be responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support integrated opportunities (i.e., spanning across multiple Business Units)
- Reviews and analyzes RFI and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to ensure adequate information for budget, proposal and/or response preparation is provided. Follows up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
- Organizes and facilitates of strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- May work across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
- May liaise with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations and/or information where required
- Prepares high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- Supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
- Ensures timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Is responsible for resolving of issues/challenges and informing Manager; may seek Manager’s advice for complex issues/challenges
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as appropriate
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
- Identifies and participates in ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) be responsible for coordinating on-boarding activities for new starters, including working directly with the management staff to ensure proper on-boarding
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) be expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process
- Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
At least Bachelor’s degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
Minimum 4 years
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and/or text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is preferred
- Demonstrated text editing and writing skills (based on business unit and/or team expectations)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses an ability and willingness to work across Business Units
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client’s proposal deadline.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed