LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as an In-House CRA Intern in Singapore! We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- To serve as contact for project team and investigative sites, conduct site contacts and document contacts for assigned sites as required per study guidelines, including creating contact reports for each telephone session (outbound or inbound) with sites.
- To monitor site performance and implement action plans for sites not meeting expectations, in conjunction with the CRA.
- To assist CRAs with preparation for site visits (i.e. running reports, QC of files (checking for missing documents), resolving action items from previous visits).
- Perform Case Report Form review, query generation and resolution against established data review guidelines, under direct supervision on Covance or client data management systems, as assigned by management.
- Assist with the coordination of study visits and shipment of drug and laboratory samples.
- To manage sites to ensure subjects are complying with protocol requirements, study visits, and timelines.
- To liaise with the project team and others to distribute and track clinical trial supplies, e.g. Case Report Forms, study medication, lab kits, ensuring that sites have sufficient supplies to continue recruitment.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of CTMS, how to use it, and how to navigate within the different sections. To enter weekly details in CTMS or as per study requirement.
- To liaise with the CTA to assist the Project Team in the production of Status Reports.
- To work in a timely manner in accordance with all the activities specified in the agreed study budget, under the supervision and guidance of the Clinical Team Leader (CTL) and Project Manager.
- Assist in submissions and notifications to Ethics Committees and Regulatory Authorities. As applicable in region
- General On-Site Monitoring Responsibilities: Assist Senior CRAs, CRA-2 and CRA-1 with on-site tasks as required and according to training goals (e.g. review of Case Report Forms and Study File Notebook, drug accountability).
- Perform remote visits (i.e. Phone PSVs, Phone SIVs, remote RMVs, remote COVs) as required by the monitoring plan, but does not perform remote monitoring that requires SDV.
- General Monitoring Responsibilities: perform visits either as the primary monitor or the co-monitor as required by the monitoring plan to include those indicated in the chart below. For visits that require direct supervision, the following staff is qualified to supervise the In-House Clinical Research Associates I and II, Sr. Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Trial Leads, Project Managers or Project Directors.
- University/college degree (life science preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology), or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job
- Basic understanding of biology and biological processes
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Exhibit general computer literacy
- Works efficiently and effectively in a matrix environment
How to apply:
- Send CV (specify the position you apply) to email@example.com
- Or go to Covance career portal and submit your application:https://apaccareers-covance.icims.com/jobs/55686/internship---inhouse-cra/job?mode=view&_ga=2.50735339.390496169.1610331272-679202612.1592890755&mobile=false&width=736&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=480&jun1offset=480