Covance by LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as a Medical Technologist (Histology) Intern in Singapore! We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
July/Aug 2021 – Dec 2021, could be adjusted slightly to specific faculty’s requirement
About the Team
The Histology Department provides a good overview of the various anatomical pathology techniques from manual to automated testing applied in clinical trials. He or she will learn about the various processes and their applications which are essential for clinical and commercial application which has facilitated the discovery of new diagnostics and treatments to manage a wide array of diseases.
- You will be trained across the various benches in Histology Department
- Good understanding of clinical testing from sample collection to testing and the use of different tests.
- Trained in the operation and maintenance of multiple analyzers.
- Trained in quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- The intern will be trained in pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical aspects of the department workflow and the applications of various analysis.
Internship Learning Summary:
- Student will gain clinical experience working in the laboratory of a drug development company.
- Good Laboratory Practice
- Good pipetting skills.
- Concept of good quality control processes.
- Inventory management
- Presentation skills.
How to apply:
- Visit Covance career portal and submit your application: https://apaccareers-covance.icims.com/jobs/55579/internship---histology/job?mode=view&_ga=2.206319952.2113558500.1612882440-679202612.1592890755&mobile=false&width=784&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=480&jun1offset=480
- Open to current undergraduate with Bachelor of Science degree (Biological Sciences/Biomedical), candidates are expecting to graduate in 2022
- Detail oriented with good organization and multitasking ability.
- Able to communicate effectively with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Collaboration spirit with internal and external clients.
- Creative and self-motivated individual.
- No prior experience required however a keen passion in medical technology is preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed