- Performs complex troubleshooting and assists in leading initiatives to solve challenging scientific problems with assays or instrumentation.
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques and regulatory requirements in clinical studies and accepts leadership role in developing scientific approaches.
- Provides consultation to scientific and operational staff on technical issues.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc. without neglecting other duties.
- Assists with regular monitoring and evaluation of clinical assays to ensure effective scientific performance.
- May provide technical training for operational staff.
- Provides technical/scientific consultation to departments outside the lab (i.e., Project Management) as requested.
- Contributes to long-term planning and technical policies of the department.
- Assists in managing scientific vendor relationships to troubleshoot issues and improve capabilities.
- Participates in client visits.
- Regularly reads literature related to scientific area of expertise to remain current in knowledge.
- Presentations to clients and professional groups.
- Attend meetings, conferences, symposia, and seminars to promote CLS’s capabilities within dedicated scientific area.
Required: Ph.D. in scientific area of expertise.
Preferred: Board certification in scientific area of expertise
- 1-2 years post-doctoral experience within scientific area of expertise. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements above.
- Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
- Proven track record of method development.
- Experience performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications and laboratory statistics.
- Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and clients.
- Attention to detail and interpretation of scientific data.
- Demonstrated problem prevention, detection and resolution.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed