The compliance officer serves as the primary point of contact for Covance China compliance. He/she will work closely with China management team, Global Compliance team and Corporate Legal team. The Compliance officer is responsible for ensuring that the company is conducting its business in compliance of with corporate compliance polices, and China & international laws and regulations.
- Oversee, coordinate, and monitor the day-to-day compliance activities of the organization. Examine company activities and transactions to make sure everything is in line with company policy and compliance requirements
- Communicate the Corporate Compliance policies to China employees through training programs, newsletters, memos, and other appropriate means.
- Develop and coordinate appropriate local compliance training and education programs for all China employees; ensure and understand the company’s commitment to comply with all laws, regulations, company policies, and ethical requirements applicable to the conduct of the business
- Apply and interpret compliance requirements for various China teams.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews, risk assessments, monitoring and auditing to ensure that the company meets compliance requirements.
- Monitor laws, regulations, standards, and industry best practices and recommend measures to China management team and global Compliance team
- Advising internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation. Works proactively to assess and prioritize risk and compliance issues and to identify, monitor and improve key processes and internal controls.
- Develop, coordinate, and/or oversee internal and external audit procedures for the purpose of monitoring and detecting any misconduct or noncompliance; if any misconduct or noncompliance is detected, recommend a solution and follow up to ensure that the noncompliance is resolved
- Maintain knowledge of all licenses and permits
- Prepare updates, presentations, and compliance reports for China management team and global Compliance team, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned. Participate in special and ad-hoc projects as required.
The Compliance Officer will report to Covance China Finance Controller. The role will be located in Shanghai, China.